Over the years we have asked key employees to select a charity of their choice to financially partner with, and to personally become involved in their selected charities. We’re proud of our employees and how dedicated they are to helping the community through charitable organizations such as:
- Indiana Donor Network:
Indiana Donor Network is a vital link between patients waiting for life-saving organ transplants and their generous donors. Working with Indiana hospitals, donor families, and the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), this team of skilled and experienced professionals is responsible for overseeing and coordinating organ donations throughout Indiana.
- Friends of Indianapolis Animal Care Services:
Friends of Indianapolis Animal Care Services supports the welfare of animals in the city by offering funding to promote adoptions, support shelter volunteers and foster families, and medical costs.
- The Julian Center: The Julian Center is the largest domestic violence emergency shelter and family justice center in the state. Their mission is to provide the support victims of domestic violence and sexual assault need for recovery and to build a life free from abuse through services such as emergency shelter, outreach, counseling, transitional housing, affordable housing, advocacy, education, and case management.
- Teacher’s Treasures: Founded in 2000 by retired school principal, Phyllis Imel, Teacher’s Treasures obtains and distributes free school supplies for teachers of students in need.
- The Indianapolis Public Library Foundation:
Supporting the goal of the Indianapolis Public Library’s to be a place for community learning, the majority of the Library’s programs for learners of all ages are made possible because of support from donors, like Sign Craft, to the Library Foundation. The foundation pays special attention to making sure programs are accessible and beneficial to those who have no other place to turn to for learning resources. Through education, we make our community the best it can be.
- Kids’ Voice of Indiana: For more than 20 years, Kids’ Voice of Indiana has represented and protected the best interests of children in Marion County Superior Probate and Circuit Courts through its Bette J. Dick Guardian as Litem (GAL) Program for Kids, which prevents more children from becoming victims of neglect or abuse.
- Wheeler Mission Ministries: Wheeler Mission Ministries is a non-denominational, Christian, social services organization providing critically needed goods and services to the homeless, poor, and needy of central Indiana without regard to race, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, or religion.
- Horizon House: Horizon House believes all human beings have the right to have their basic needs for food, clothing, shelter, and personal safety met in a dignified, humane, and caring manner. They believe a collaborative community response is necessary to uphold and give substance to these basic rights, and they offer services and advocacy in a spirit of genuine hospitality and professional care. Last year, SignCraft participated in a day of service as a team, to paint a mural in the Community Room at Horizon House. We have also partnered together on various projects over the years and we were recently named Community Partner of the Year!
- Outside the Box: Featuring three distinct lines of service, Outside the Box (OTB) supports over 250 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Whether through the creative arts experience of Studio OTB, a curriculum-based day program, or customized Employment Services, OTB wants all people to be the best they can be.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana provides children facing adversity with strong, enduring, and professionally-supported one-to-one relationships. Through these life-changing relationships, they hope to help all children achieve success in life.
- Special Olympics Indiana: Special Olympics Indiana is a non-profit organization that offers year-round sports training and athletic competition in over 20 Olympic-type sports for both children and adults with intellectual disabilities, reaching more than 12,000 athletes across Indiana. Special Olympics Indiana belongs to the international network of accredited Special Olympics Programs that reaches over four million athletes with intellectual disabilities worldwide.
- Southeastern Swim Club: HSE’s program encourages swimmers to reach their full potential and develop essential life skills in a fun and positive way.
Why We’re Passionate About Giving Back
When Sign Crafted started in 1958, it was just 18 dedicated employees working hard to exceed the expectations of our customers. Over time, we’ve increased our workforce three fold, and our manufacturing facility and revenues by more than five times. We work just as hard today to provide premier signage customized to the needs of our customers, but we know our growth wouldn’t have been possible without the blessing and support of our stakeholders, employee, customers, vendors, and community at large.
Our business is centered in direct communication with our community—our signs reach thousands of people every day, even if only for a moment. It’s our firm belief that the blessing and support we received should be paid forward, so we give back to our community.